CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Room

The Prep:

(OK, the real prep involved me spending two hours creating an excel spreadsheet so my stripes would be equal and symmetrical... and I printed it out so we would have a map to follow.....yes, I know I am OCD but it REALLY helped!)



BTW- check out D's total Farmer Tan. Isn't he supposed to be brown all over!?! Tee hee hee.



The Painting:
(ignore my flabby hanging-outtie flesh... it got HOT with all that painting! And I couldn't turn on the fan b/c when I was painting the top of the wall there was a weird strobe effect that made me want to vomit.....)


The Finished Project:





Now I just have to make his bedding.... who wants to help!?!? And what are our thoughts on bumpers? Necessary or SIDS danger????

6 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Super super cute! Wish I could get Kendall to do ours! I didn't use a bumper with the girls, but I think I'm going to with this one. The girls didn't move around enough as babies to get stuck in the bumper, but if I see this one starting to roll into it, I'll take it out. Thanks a TON for the pumpkin bagles by the way. They were delish! You are such a sweetheart!

Alisha said...

Love the room. Love your awesome argyle socks more.

I did bumpers, as you know. Never had an issue with them. If you're freaked out but want them (they do help babies' arms not get stuck, binkies falling out of the crib, etc...) you can get breathable bumpers.

Jennifer said...

Precious! Seriously, you are talking hangy-outtie flesh, and all I see are the socks.

Do you have fabric for the bedding?

I did bumpers. Oh wait, my babies were older. They slept in bassinets and swings for the first few months.

Shel said...

I love those colors! Y'all did a great job!

You look just Fab my friend! I agree with everyone else... I'm liking the fashion statement with the hot socks ;)

Oh, yeah.. I did bumpers with each one of my babies.

Leslie said...

Love it J! I always had bumpers....but I never used them. I figured it was probably better for the baby to "bump" into the wooden crib then potentially suffocate on the bumper. I am always overly paranoid in those beginning months. Really though...in the beginning the baby can't move/roll from side to side and bumpers are way cute!

Kristie said...

Love it!!!

I always had bumper, but I am total old school. But like everyone else has said, my babies slept in a bassinet at first and if they were in their crib, they didn't move enough to get near the bumpers. When they did move, I took them out.

Love the socks, too!!