Today Kason and I went to the pediatrician for his 9 month checkup. It went really well! The Doctor and her intern were so impressed with Kason- he showed off all of his skills: he clapped, babbled, stood up, rocked, rolled, and even cried appropriately whenever my hands did not have contact with him. Love this kid!
I know this will come as a shock to everyone, but Kason is huge. Seriously. He is creating his own little growth curve well above the 95th percentile. He is a full 2 inches taller than those shorties who make up the 95th percentile!
Here are his stats:
Height- 32.5 inches
Weight- 25 pounds 9 ounces (He actually lost an ounce since 3 weeks ago when I took him in for a cold- all that crawling is thinning him out!)
Head circumference- 19 inches
Here's a cute pic of him, just for grins:
In other news, I officially quit my job this week. My last day will be somewhere around December 30, but work is freaking and will try to keep me part-time... we'll see. I am so excited to be able to stay home and spend more time with my baby and hubby. Sometimes it feels like D and I are both single parents- we work opposite shifts and try hard to make sure Kason is with at least one of us as much as possible. When I'm at work D is with K.... when D is at work I'm with K. Now hopefully we can spend two or three days each week together. D will also finally change to the day shift in the beginning of January, which is why we decided it would be a good time for me to quit.
I'm sure it will surprise none of you that I'm preparing to be poor by spending as much money as possible on frivolous stuff. Don't be shocked if I come to church with the $2000 Chanel purse I've been lusting after..... am I kidding??? Guess you'll just have to wait and see!
P.S. Totally kidding- we are SAVING like crazy!


3 comments:
That is one cute picture! Way to grow Kason!!!
Yay for getting to stay at home! =)
So happy for your upcoming career change. And I love Kason's little red dots on the growth chart. That boy is amazing!
Post a Comment