CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 17, 2011

15 Months







I took Kason to a new pediatrician yesterday for his 15 month shots and checkup. Everyone is VERY impressed with his size- at 15 months Kason is the size of an average 2 year old! Here are his stats:


Height: 34.5" tall (>95%)

Weight: 31 pounds (>95%) -BTW, the nurse called him chubby, which I totally stressed over! :(

Head: 19.5" round (>95%)




The doc was also impressed with his vocabulary, which he was only too happy to demonstrate! At 15 months he should be saying 5-10 words. Kason says over 35:



up

turtle "urdle"

puppy

ball

yogurt "gogur"

dada

mama "bamba"

Tallulah "allulah"

door "doe"

baby

bath

duck

oatmeal "oh-mee"

snack

pool

water "wa-wa"

baba (he thinks a sippy of milk is a baba!)

hi

bye bye

this

that

there

Toby

kitty "kiggy"

cheese

banana

thank you

feet

keys

popsicle "hopsicle"

uh-oh

no

yeah (dah!)

etc. etc!



Kason is a happy, healthy little guy! Here's what he's up to these days:


  • He loves talking on the "phone". He'll use anything to pretend talk- remotes, toys, sticks... anything! Just hold it to your ear and BAM, it's a phone! He even can recognize when I'm about to get off the phone and will yell "Bye bye" at whoever I'm talking to, usually right before I say it!!


  • He loves animals! He points out "puppies" to me all day long- on the TV, in books, outside. He even knows the difference between Toby and Tallulah and will point to one or the other and tell me which is which. He met a cat at Auntie Deb's house the other day and was overjoyed that something would sit still long enough for him to pat it! He saw a painting of a lion at the pediatricians and pointed and asked "kiggy"? I'm amazed he is able to connect kitties to lions!!!


  • He is FINALLY obeying a little when I tell him "No"! And if I get a little cranky when I say it he will break down in tears and throw a little tantrum. You might think that would be annoying, BUT, he stops what he's doing so I think it is definitely progress!!


  • He loves going to the pool and is way too confident in the water. He can blow bubbles and is learning how to paddle in his little lifesuit.


  • He is tall enough to open my kitchen drawers and is constantly bringing me gadgets. I put up all the glass and sharp objects and just let him go to town. I had a hard enough time installing child locks on our ONE chemical cabinet, no way I'm doing it on 20 drawers!!! So I put up with finding kitchen items all over the house. The other day AO asked me what an ice cream scoop was doing in my bathroom... :)



  • Kason loves to help me do anything! If I need him to follow me, I just ask for help and he will come running! One of the cutest things he does is help me put clothes in the dryer. I hand him things one at a time and he will throw them in the dryer and yell "there!" each time. He yells "there!" any time he finishes anything, which is super funny- after he gets his arm through a shirt, pulling off a sock, throwing anything anywhere, pushing his highchair across the kitchen. I love that he can complete tasks with finesse! :) He also says "thank you" when handing things over. He kills me!


Kason is such a funny little guy! He loves making us laugh and is always ready to give kisses and snuggles. He truly lights up our lives!!!



2 comments:

Court said...

I love having Kason in Primary. He really considers himself to be one of the big kids. Probably 'cause he is one!

And the drawers? We'll just encourage him to steer clear of mommy's Taco Bell stash. ;)

Leslie said...

You know I totally understand the chubby son comment! Kason is perfect the way he is and NO he is not fat! Love you!