CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bad day




So last night when I went to bed I was a little nervous b/c I hadn't felt baby move in a few hours. Usually he tumbles through the day and keeps me awake at night. So I slept half awake trying to feel him move. Well at 3:00 am I woke up and realized I STILL hadn't felt him move. Even stranger, I was boiling up! I'm sorry to say that my concerns for baby #2 were tossed aside when I realized the house was HOT! I ran to our thermostat- it was a balmy 81 degrees in the house!!! :( So I graciously woke Damien up and started complaining about how hot and pregnant I was. Let me just say that Damien is a superstar! He went to Wal-Mart right then and bought a window A/C unit for our room. This thing was killer. Got the room from 83 to 72 in about 45 minutes. Aaaaaahhhhh. Once I was comfy again little baby #2 started bouncing away, which made me feel tons better, too. While Damien was gone, I started calling A/C companies to see who would come out on the Sunday before the Fourth of July. The only company answering was ARS.... They told us we were on the schedule but they couldn't give us a window. A tech would just call about 30 minutes before they got here. :( Of course we couldn't go back to sleep.... and I certainly wasn't going to take a shower or blow dry my hair with no A/C, so we decided Damien would stay home with Kason and wait for ARS while I took care of my duties at Primary. (Sacrament meeting just wasn't happening on account of my EXTREME lethargy in the absence of A/C). Well I started texting anyone who would sympathize with me and got a great referral to an HVAC guy in Sugar Land. I called him and he said he would be out within an hour or two. Woohoo! I quickly canceled my ARS appt. and headed off to church. When I got home our A/C was churning away and the house felt much better. I was still a little bitter about the over-time repair bill, but considered it a blessing there wasn't anything worse wrong with our unit. I was extra bitter about the bill since we had just spent a good chunk of money installing this yesterday:




So my kitchen and patio are nicely shaded... but that doesn't matter if you don't have A/C!!!!Once the house FINALLY cooled down to a reasonable level and we got Kason down for a nap, all of our smoke/carbon monoxide detectors suddenly started chirping. Four chirps, pause, four chirps. So we replaced the batteries... and still they chirped. So I called my stepdad who is a fire chief in CA. He told me to take down a detector and find out what all that chirping meant (Yes I am stupid and needed the expert opinion of a fire chief to do that!). Apparently those particular chirps mean there are toxic levels of carbon monoxide in the house so get out and call 911!!!!! Ugh. My stepdad MADE me call 911 instead of searching for a non-emergency number online, so Richmond Fire Department (bless them) came roaring through our neighborhood with sirens blaring and lights ablaze. Not embarrassing at all. Even more humiliating was the fact that we had no carbon monoxide in the house. Just a defective detector. Sorry about your tax dollars everyone! We are the jerks who make false calls to the fire department!!!


I'm over today. I hope it ends well and tomorrow is excellent and not stressful. I know I am super blessed because we had the A/C fixed, we can afford it, and we didn't die from carbon monoxide poisoning, but I still need a little pity party time before I look for the positive!!!

On a slightly positive note, here's my baby bump! I think I look even a little smaller than when I was 25 weeks pregnant with Kason (at Christmas-time)! Woohooooooo!

Now Then

7 comments:

Martin Andrews said...

Today SUCKS!! Man, I am SO sorry about everything. PS - you look SUPER skinny and gorgeous, and not at all hot and sweaty. And I heart that pergola! I think you handled the day fantastically :)

Martin Andrews said...

HA HA HA! Andy just told me I'm logged in as him, and he wants to be clear that he is not making comments on your weight or appearance! THIS IS JEN!

KeithK said...

Aww I can't believe you had another issue at home!! And I thought you looked great at church =)
Your pergola looks GREAT too!

Laura said...

That does sound like a pretty cruddy day. I'm glad everything got fixed and the baby started moving again.

Also, you look so good pregnant!

Kristie said...

I saw you on Sunday and thought you looked gorgeous! Would have had no clue that you got ready with no a/c.

And Jen - I thought, "wow, Andy and Janae must have a close relationship for him to be talking like that to her." Glad you cleared it up for me!!

Leslie said...

My mouth is open wide.... I can't believe this all happened in one day. I am sorry. I can not believe that your hubby bought a window unit the SAME night your A/C went out! Amazing. I love that you called 911. I adore the pergola...so lovely! You did look beautiful on Sunday. The moment we shared Sunday was precious....really, I love you! And, in case you haven't heard...I am NOT moving.=)

Robin said...

gee, on a positive note...a house full of HOT firefighters in their turnouts and suspenders...hello! Gotta find the silver lining haha!