
My baby boy Daylen is four months old! We always think he is so small and delicate, but we tend to forget how big and husky Kason was/is! Our delicate little Daylen is in the 95 percentile for height and 50-75 percentile for weight. He's not so small or delicate after all!
Here are his stats:
Height: 27" (Kason at this age was 28")
Weight: 15 lbs (Kason was 18 lbs 13 oz!)
Daylen must remember Kason from heaven because no one can get him to smile like Kason can! He LOVES his big brother and already idolizes him. Kason rolls on him, pulls his arms, legs, head, but through all that Daylen just grins at Kason with pure adoration. I hope they continue to love each other for a long time, otherwise Daylen is in for some trouble!
Kason's birthday is next month and we are having a big family birthday party, so I have been scouting ideas on Pinterest. One idea I LOVED was a rainbow cake. I like to use my giant cupcake mold so Kason can have a cake all to himself to destroy, but I wasn't sure how the rainbow cake would transfer. I decided to test it out today during naptime. I ordered some fabulous gel food colors online to get the right hues.

The batter looked amazing and delicious!

I poured one color right on top of the other into the mold. I had leftover batter so I decided to make a simple single layer cake as well. Good thing I did!!! I actually read the directions on the cake box and they specifically said to only grease the bottom of the pan. I knew better, but was influenced by LC's cake post a few weeks ago and didn't flour the pan as well! As a result my giant cupcake was a giant flop. Only half came out of the pan when I overturned it. :( Oh well, lesson learned for when I make it in a few weeks. On the bright side, the colors inside the cake were marvelous! Here's the single layer cake I made:
Kason was a huge help. Can you imagine anything worse than a boisterous almost-two-year-old in a kitchen filled with rainbow dyed cake batter bowls?

Here's the finished product. It was delicious AND turned out pretty cool! I can't wait to do it on a larger scale next month.
Day Day helped me in the kitchen, too!

2 comments:
Your boys are the CUTEST!!! I can't believe how different they look...getting up all night must be a boy thing... I feel your pain.
I love the rainbow cake idea! And what handsome boys you have.
Post a Comment