CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Catch Up

This little man will be 4 months old on Wednesday! Can you believe it?!?!?

A LOT has happened since my last post:
1. Kason and Daylen both caught a nasty fever bug with FEVER and irritability as the only two symptoms. Daylen was not quite 2 months old and was otherwise fine, so my doc told me just to bring him in at his normal appointment.

2. At his 2 month appointment Daylen was 24 1/2" tall and 12 lbs 3 oz. Kason at that age had him by exactly 2 pounds and 1 inch. :)

3. I caught a NASTY bug that left me with a sore throat for 10 (yes, TEN) days! Of course Daylen caught that, too. He woke up one morning at 2am with a temp of 101.5. I called my doc in a panic (he was STILL under that magic 3 month mark where fevers aren't a huge deal anymore) and the on call doc told me if it didn't come down with Tylenol to go directly to Texas Children's ER. We were pretty sure it was just the bug I had but wanted to play it safe. Luckily, after a dose of Tylenol and a tepid bath his temp returned to normal and he was a happy camper.

4. About two weeks ago Daylen started rolling from his back to his tummy:


5. I am embarrassed to admit that Daylen had been sharing a bed with Damien and me until about a week ago. Well, when he started trying to roll over in our fluffy bed I knew I had to stop that!!! He had also been waking up every 45 minutes to an hour to nurse. My paranoia about my low milk supply prevented me from denying the sweet little angel...... Four months of up 6 times a night cured my paranoia! I will happily supplement a few ounces of formula from now on because Daylen is magically sleeping 7-8 hour stretches!!! Last night he went to bed at 8:00 pm, kinda woke up at 3:30am, nursed, then slept until 8am when I had to wake him up! It was AMAZING! Of course, now Kason has decided he wants to cry for mama at 5 in the morning. It's almost like they plan it.

6. I braved taking the boys to church alone for the first time ever today. It did not go well. Kason is of course a maniac. He is energetic, loud, busy, oblivious and curious. A lethal combination. His behavior in Sacrament meeting today was no exception. My lovely friend SC invited us to sit with her family so I would have help wrangling K. Before we even sat down Kason ran away from me out into the foyer. It's pretty hard chasing after an almost-2-year old while carrying a carseat. I had to drop Daylen off with SC's family and then run and catch Kason. (I should have learned from this.....) During the meeting Kason did his usual loud chatter mixed in with loud whining and occasional loud crying. He told everyone "No" and behaved as if I've never disciplined him in his entire existence. It was not embarrassing. Not at all. Right after Sacrament Kason wanted to go say hi to one of his favorite people, AO. She was sitting literally two feet away from me so I encouraged him. As I watched him FROM TWO FEET AWAY a crowd of people swept between us and Kason DISAPPEARED. Seriously. I couldn't see him anywhere! I frantically pushed through people with the carseat (Sorry Daylen!) and ran out into the foyer to see if that's where he had gone. No such luck. I started to seriously freak out. Like seriously. I know that we were in church, around people who know Kason, know me, know Damien, etc. But I experienced pure panic. I left Daylen (again, sorry Daylen) with some sweet friends and ran back into the chapel to find Kason. Luckily my VTer found him playing the piano. Of course. I was pretty upset at this point and was ready to bail out and call it a day, but some more friends reassured me and I decided to try taking both boys with me to Primary. I don't dare let Kason go to nursery, I am sick of Daylen being sick! (That is a future LONG blog post. In short, it's just my personal kind of crazy.) Kason sat quietly on my lap for about the first 15 minutes or so of Primary. Then he began whining, head butting my face, writhing to get down, etc. So I let him down and kinda just chased after him. Let me tell ya, that kid does not stop. He looks for stuff to get into constantly. By the time he dumped out a bag of magnets I had had it! I was so embarrassed and so frustrated by his behavior that I didn't know what to do. I took him to the back of the room, packed up and high-tailed it outta there. I wasn't mad at him, he's just being normal Kason, but I was so frustrated at how hard it was. I was frustrated that I'm so scared of him getting Daylen sick that I won't let him go to Nursery. I'm frustrated with myself, my OCD (self-diagnosed thank you very much), and my husband for working every other weekend (totally not his fault, but I like to blame....). I'm going to try again in two weeks. But I am going to give myself permission to leave after Sacrament Meeting if it gets too hard. I always feel better if I have an "out".

2 comments:

LeslieK said...

It was nice to see you :)
You missed all the weeks where Landon was a complete terror in Sacrament Meeting- throwing everything within reach into the aisle, screaming, hitting so we would take him out- he apparently preferred time out to being in sacrament so much he'd misbehave on purpose. (Literally 2 weeks ago he started behaving- because we caved and let him bring his blankie and binkie to church.)
It's a tough tough transition from 1 to 2. I thought you did great with Kason today under the circumstances. I stopped feeling so embarrassed with Landon when I realized that most women in the ward are moms and therefore have BEEN THERE. We all know what it's like.
Flu season will be over soon! Don't let it get you down.

Court said...

I know it felt frustrating to you, but Kason was just being a kid with a completely standard noise level. And the only thing I heard in sacrament was my own child talking louder than everyone else around us. I was glad to see y'all!