Hi everyone!
Since the thermostat climbed above 80 yesterday and I have the missionaries coming to dinner this weekend, I decided to make my favorite dessert ever....drumroll...... G'ma Sonne's Ice Cream Pie. Both my mom and sister were super jealous and wanted the recipe, so I thought I'd just post it and share with everyone!
I usually make it a day or two ahead of serving so it can get nice and frozen.
Crust:
1/2 c. Peanut Butter (Reduced fat doesn't work so well, gets too hard in the freezer)
1/2 c. light corn syrup
2 and 1/4 c. Rice Krispies
Mix all together and press into two disposable pie tins.
Hot Fudge:
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 c. regular Milk (nonfat works fine)
1 (7oz) jar Marshmallow Creme
1 (12oz) package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. Vanilla (add after thickened)
Zap first four ingredients in microwave until smooth (about 1.5 mins) stirring every 30 seconds or so. Zap 1 more minute and beat with slotted spoon or whisk. Repeat until mixture is thick (it will get darker and thicker with each zap in the microwave. This usually takes me about 3 or 4 repeats.) Add vanilla and cool, store in fridge. I like to store in the Marshmallow Creme jar.
Assemble the pie:
On your prepared crusts, spread (softened) vanilla ice cream and drizzle (or pour) hot fudge on top. Freeze until firm and repeat. Most pie pans only hold two layers of ice cream. Take out of freezer about 15 mins or so before serving.
Enjoy!
It may not be pretty, but it is YUMMY!


5 comments:
I think I gained 2 lbs just thinking about it. Yum.... THAT is what I'll dream about tonight.
The recipe sounds delicious! It's low-cal right? RIGHT??? If only!
The picture makes me want to grab a spoon and head on over to your house!
Well I did use that 1/2 cup of nonfat milk, so it's totally low cal! Big mistake that the recipe makes 2 cuz I've already dug into one...so good!
Jenae-- Go check out my family blog. Glad you talked me into getting those shorts for Lexie!
You had me at marshmallow cream. Can you use other flavors of ice cream? Can it give you a heart attack? Who cares! It is gorgeous!
Post a Comment