CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Healthy Bandwagon


OK, OK. I've finally decided to join some of you foolios and start getting healthy and fit.
I spent most of my life participating in sports and I was totally burned out after college track. (I'm second from the right. Look how skinny!)
Since then I have only played a little recreational tennis... I haven't run or sprinted or lifted weights or ANYTHING. I have a real hard time motivating myself without someone yelling at me. I can't seem to work with personal trainers because I usually end up knowing more about weight-lifting and cardio than they do! Stupid college athletics. You'd think it would help me stay active throughout my life, but really I'm just lazy and resentful about exercising.

ANYWAY, to combat my lazy, fatty ways I've decided to start walking a couple of miles a day. But I need serious peer pressure and commitment to keep me going. Any of you ladies interested in walking Waterside three or four mornings a week?

Comment and let me know your thoughts and ideas.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

GET UP OFF YOUR BROWNIE-MAKING BUTT AND HAUL IT AROUND THE BLOCK YOU LAZY LITTLE BAKER!

Okay, that was just rude. I wanted to support you by yelling. But not by walking. Sorry.

Maybe you should get a uniform like in your college pic? Could be motivating.

Liz said...

You are so super hottie-cute in that pic. you still look just like that to me, though. I wish my crazy sched. would permit me to do the walking, but I catch work-outs wherever I can in my sporadic little way and wouldn't inflict that on anyone else. Good luck with this awesome endeavor! You're gonna kick some butt!

Andrea Dent said...

First let me say that you do look great in that picture. Second let me say that I still think you look great, so don't be too hard on yourself! I kinda like to take the "moderation in all things" approach. And I would love to come walk with you, but it would have to be way way early. So let me know what time your planning on...

Melanie said...

you look great still! Ugh, I hate that everyone is going healthy! That means that I'm going to have to follow! So what time would you want to go walk in the morning...Molly leaves for school at 7:30...would it be before or after. I know I'm going to regret asking!!

Leslie said...

GREAT! Who am I going to tell when I cheat on my diet now??? ARgh! I guess I have to stick to it! While I would LOVE to join you, I am probably too far away to make it work on any firm schedule. I would like to report that I did go to the gym today!

Leslie said...

BTW_ I agree with the others....you still look HOT!

Shel said...

What time are you planning on going? I really need to join you and since I live in Waterside it would be just too easy and I need to get off my lazy bootay!

Court said...

Good for you for setting a new goal, although you're still way cute! No one looks like we did in college--we all get real hips and real jobs. :)